One thing I love about my job is the passion clients show for improving their lifestyle, not only through fitness, but in their diet as well. About a month ago a client showed me a picture of cauliflower tacos, and from that point on I was obsessed with making them. Although, making this delicious meal had been on my mind, the day I decided to cook them was last minute and not planned. It was so easy that I wanted to share with the ASF community.
1 large head of cauliflower cut into 1- inch florets
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
10 corn tortillas
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower florets and simmer until barely softened, about 90 seconds. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together chili powder, onion powder, ground cumin, powdered oregano, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Add cauliflower and mix until evenly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- On the stove warm the tortillas or until the edges are slightly browned.
- To serve top a warm tortilla with cauliflower, lettuce, guacamole and salsa.
*my guacamole included 2 avocados, red onion, tomato, cilantro and lime juice.